can i run WoW smoothly if i get this cpu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainsanta157

ok i want to get wow, but my cpu sucks. so i was wondering if this cpu would run wow smoothly.

btw im getting this for about $600 and i think its a pretty good deal (moniter not included)

untitledxb4.png

Please stop using CPU as a short for "ComPUter". CPU = Central Processing Unit
A friend of mine used to play WoW on a GF6200 and I've seen it run fine on integrated graphics so a 7300LE should run it just fine, as long as you don't have too many applications running in the background because the 7300 is gonna use the system memory!

Yeah, TurboCache stands for 'uses your ram'! Since it is a Dell your upgrade options may be limited by the low end power supply they will stick in there. But it should play WOW okay.

The power supply or "PSU" is the square box found in the rear of modern PCs and is device that converts the 230 or 115 volts into the voltages needed for the computers components.

ok so whats a good psu to have, are good psu's really important and will it affect my gameplay alot? or is it something to just overlook

im not the most computer savy 13 year old

Having a good PSU is important since it's provides power for all the components in your computer. The PSUs that come with pre-built computers are usually pretty weak, but unless you are planning on upgrading your PC in the near future you really shouldn't worry about the PSU. You could always put a more powerfull psu in later.

Dell only put power supplys in their PC's with enough power to run what you have chosen to be in the PC, if you add a more powerful graphics card or an extra Hard drive etc at a later date you will find that the power supply wont be able to keep up with the power demand and the PC will start to crash more and more, so if you do choose to upgrade make sure you get a better power supply first.

Have you considered assembling your own computer? You would learn a lot from it as well as get yourself a far superior and upwardly upgradeable system.

You can build a really nice system that not only blows away the above Dell, but has a superior power supply and can be upgraded cheaply in the next year or two for under $600. The thing is though, it will be a bunch of parts you have to assemble and a cd with Windows you ll have to install.

It's really not that hard and if you can follow help of forums, people here and elsewhere can point you to places on how to do it.

U can even buy the stuff and go to a place like BestBuy where they'll charge u a small fee (around $50 I think) to assemble the parts into a brand new PC. Check out TechSpot's budget PC guide for a really nice PC that will run WoW perfectly and will cost only around $600-700. Plus, it will blow that Dell out of the picture.

very well said, build yor own pc, you will get the best value for your mony that way, it is fun to do, and we will do our best to help ;)

Yes build your own Dells are junk. You have a Dell now and want another one? Im guessing you havent had the issues yet or had to call their tch support yet. (India)

hmm well since im 13 i dought i would be smart enough let alone have the attention span to build my own cpu.

i might look into the have bestbuy build it for you, i dont know all the parts i would need for it. is there some kind of like package were you can get everything?

If you need help choosing what parts to buy and how to build it, just write a new post.

List of things you'll need to build a computer:

1. Case to contain all the parts (any will do)
2. Motherboard from a well known manufacturer like ASUS
3. Processor (a.k.a. CPU) that fits the socket on your motherboard
4. At least 1GB of DDR or DDR2 memory (DDR = Double Data Rate)
5. Graphics Card to play modern games (although you could play WoW on integrated graphics)
6. Power supply with atleast 400W (W = Watts)
7. Some casefans and a Heatsink for your CPU.
8. DVD-ROM or DVD-RW drive and atleat one harddrive

While I think building your own PC is always a good choice, there are times were it may be best just to by a OEM (premade) I think in this case that may be the best option. Now, there are other vendors out there other than dell that you may want to look into.

well i had a pre built computer from acer and it was actually pretty good, it it was cheap and it got the job done, i built my own computer now but the acer was good and it was alot better than my aunties dell that they got,

captainsanta157 said:
hmm well since im 13 i dought i would be smart enough let alone have the attention span to build my own cpu.

i might look into the have bestbuy build it for you, i dont know all the parts i would need for it. is there some kind of like package were you can get everything?

Stop saying your age, it's not important.. Im 15 and know quite alot about computers.. I even built my own and sold on Ebay for cheaper then that dell you want ( Im not greedy so I dont charge $80000 on a computer ) so just beacuse you are young doesnt mean you are a dumb

TimeParadoX said:
Stop saying your age, it's not important.. Im 15 and know quite alot about computers.. I even built my own and sold on Ebay for cheaper then that dell you want ( Im not greedy so I dont charge $80000 on a computer ) so just beacuse you are young doesnt mean you are a dumb

But you also have to realize that some people just are not confortable with building their own PC.

But you also have to realize that some people just are not confortable with building their own PC.

They just need to be "educated". One of these days I'm gonna teach my younger brother how to build a computer, whether he likes it or not.

Jesse_hz said:
They just need to be "educated". One of these days I'm gonna teach my younger brother how to build a computer, whether he likes it or not.

Lol.. Force him to learn, he looks away or gets distracted.. you smack him with a RAM card xD

Well, TimeParadox is absolutely correct- if captainsanta's only reservations on building his own PC is his age, then he should push that misconception aside.

Obviously, if captainsanta doesn't feel comfortable, is disinterested or otherwise does not WANT to build his own PC, then that's his right and his choice.

But realize this- I know a LOT of really tech-savvy youngin's from the ages of 12-19 that can build and work on PC's every bit as good as senior's twice their age. So if age is the only concern, a strapping young 13-year old who is interested in such things... it's a great opportunity. Heck, building plastic models or model airplanes is aimed at the 10-15 age group and snapping together a PC is much easier than that. hehe. No glue, fumes, mess or decals that never seem to stick on straight. :)

But it's understandable if you're not interested. You CAN save a lot of money, get a better/upgradeable system, learn a TON about the PC itself in a way to be better equipped to handle problems and upgrades down the road.. as well as find it enjoyable if you're into that sort of thing or building stuff.. but unlike plastic models, I wouldn't recommend blowing it up with firecrackers once yer done as it's a bit too pricey for that. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back