Can I upgrade my video card on my Inspiron 1500?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdmnino

I purchased my Dell Inspiron 1500 almost a year ago. At the time when I picked out what I wanted for it, I kinda skipped out on the video card and just put on the basic 32 bit. I bought a game that I really wanted to play, but it needed double what I had. I go to Best Buy to see if I can change the video card and they say whatever I have is what I have. He also said if I wanted to upgrade the video card that I would be better off just buying a new laptop. Is that true?

I'd assume your laptop's video card is integrated (meaning it is built into the motherboard) and I highly doubt your motherboard has an expansion slot for a new one. So, yes, it is probably true.

I already looked through the possible upgrades for the 1501 earlier and saw nothing just to spare you some time jdmnino.

Zenosincks said:
I already looked through the possible upgrades for the 1501 earlier and saw nothing just to spare you some time jdmnino.

Thanks my friend, I didnt see anything either. I researched some sites and a lot of people said that once the laptop is made your basically stuck with what video card you have on it. Oh well...

Yep, they pretty much never provide the flexibility as a desktop system. Most components are integrated or soldered, and they generally don't conform to industry standard form factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back