Can I use Visa Electron to order online?

Rage_3K_Moiz

Hey everyone. I didn't know where else this thread would go, so I put it here. I hope I was right in doing that. :)
Anyways, my situation is this. I've got a bank account in a bank that has a branch in my university. They've issued me a Visa Electron card that also doubles as an ATM card. Before, when I used to order online, I used to get this friend of mine to pay for me via his credit card and then I used to give him the money in cash, but now that he's transferred off to another university, I'm in a bit of a jam. So, my question is, can I use the Visa Electron card to order stuff online? If yes, how risky is it over using a credit card? Thanks in advance everyone.

Your bank should know, at least in my country it varies from bank to bank.

I can't tell how secure it is, even though I have Visa Electron myself I never use it.

Quite a lot of stores accept Electron these days, so that shouldn't be a big problem (unless it just doesn't work with your bank's card).

And there's a difference between a credit card and a debit card :p

Thanks for the info Mictlantecuhtli, I'll check with the bank. BTW, what 'd you mean by this?
And there's a difference between a credit card and a debit card
The Electron is a debit card no? Or am I just being thick-headed again? ;)

Ok I just found out I have the option of using e-Money. What exactly is this? And how would I go about using it? Thanks a lot.

a credit card is when you credit your account with whatever the amount is you're paying and you pay the credit company back with interest

a debit card is when it takes the money straight out of your bank account :)

i'm pretty sure you can order things with visa electrons, my friend used to so it but then again i don't know if it would be different where you are

if the site you want to order from accepts it then you could use paypal, that's secure and people can't get your bank details if you want to protect them

Back