can my pc play Half-Life 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
help

and the question was if an Emachine T2825 could run Half-Life 2 sry about the whole 3 posts in a row but i am new at this.. so can u help?

I answered your question in the other post. Too many posts tend to confuse everyone.

If you google it, the spces dont list a graphics card so how do we know if your computer plays Half-Life2 if you dont tell us your specs?

graphics card

Here are the important specs for your computer:

eMachines T2825
CPU: AMD Athlon™ XP 2800+ Processor (2.083 GHz) with QuantiSpeed™ architecture
Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
Chipset: NVIDIA® nForce™2
Memory: 512 MB DDR (PC 2700)
Hard Drive: 120 GB HDD 2
Video: NVIDIA® GeForce4™ MX graphics (AGP 8X slot available)
Sound: nForce™ 6-channel Audio

It looks like you have integrated GeForce 4 graphics so I highly doubt you will be able to run the game with some decent graphics. You might still be able to play it though, with everything at the lowest settings, I personally havent tried Half-Life 2 with that card, but I have tried games like Neverwinter Nights and Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield and the settings had to be at the lowest to run. I recommend you buy a good video card for your AGP slot. You can get some pretty nice ones for around 100-200 dollars that will run HL2.

You should be able to play it at fairly high setting with a Radeon 9800 Pro or XT card. I could play it at 1600x1200 with an XP 3200. You might also want to get an extra 512mb of RAM especially since its so cheap now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back