Can not erase DVD+RW

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a problem erasing my Sony DVD+RW. I've had no problems for a couple of months, then when I want to erase data using NERO I got message that disk can not be erased or has unknown format. I've been using disk disk for a while and erased it probably 20-30 time without problems. Is this disk bad or my DVD drive has some problems with this DVD+RW. I have to mention that I can erase CD-RW disks.

mpiotrowski said:
I have a problem erasing my Sony DVD+RW. I've had no problems for a couple of months, then when I want to erase data using NERO I got message that disk can not be erased or has unknown format. I've been using disk disk for a while and erased it probably 20-30 time without problems. Is this disk bad or my DVD drive has some problems with this DVD+RW. I have to mention that I can erase CD-RW disks.

CD-RW and DVD-RW discs do wear out over time and usage.

The only things I could recommend trying are another software for erasing and trying a "complete" erase instead of a quick one.

Aside from that, your best bet is to just replace the disc. Sounds like you've gotten your money's worth out of it anyway. :)

Well I have to say that I've used these a loooott, but I was expecting them to last much longer. When I called SONY they told me that DVD+RW should last up to 10000 formats. Thank you very much for you response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back