Can`t set res. higher than 800x600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judt replaced my Voodoo5, (boohoo), today with an ATI 9000Pro. Now I can`t get my res. higher than 800x600. I used to be able to with the Voodoo. I have an older monitor, but it worked before. When I change it to 1024x768 under advanced options, the screen acts like its larger than the monitor. Any help would be great.

P.S. No 1024x768 option under ATI taskbar launch.

Thanks, RiverDan.

I had this its down to Drivers. Look in system properties and see if your monitor is correctly installed if it is check Voodoo is correctly installed. If there ok look for a newer monitor or graphics drivers.

It may even be easier, look at the very front of your monitor. What does it say? That could be the model number right there. Go to the manufactures web site and get the right "INF" file for the monitor and it should work.

even though u have the ati drivers loaded, u may not have the control panel software loaded. load the ati control panel software and u shouldn't have that problem anymore. if ur screen is bigger than ur monitor, that means ur display is probably in tv mode. the control panel software will address that too.

www.amd.com - Why can't I set the resolution of my video graphics card at or above 800x600?

Video Graphics Card Resolution Limited by Corrupted Drivers

If the video card supports resolutions of 800x600 or higher, but you are unable to configure it to those resolutions, the video card drivers may be incompatible or may have been corrupted. Obtaining and reinstalling the latest drivers for your video card will often resolve the problem. The following instructions outline this procedure:

Set the video card driver to Standard VGA and reboot the system.
Install the latest AGP miniport drivers for the chipset on your Motherboard, and reboot the system. Contact the motherboard manufacturer for the latest motherboard drivers.
Install the latest video card drivers and reboot the system. Contact the video card manufacturer for the latest video card drivers.
If the problem persists, contact the video card manufacturer for additional troubleshooting information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back