can u get a new graphics card in a laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainsanta157

im going to get a new graphics card in my laptop to play wow, but people are telling me that you cant get/replace graphics cards for laptops or something? i dunno just wanna check because i dont wanna buy one then not be able to use it,

so can i?

btw: i have a dell inspiron b120

Tedster said:
in short, no.

While in some laptops it is possible in theroy, finding the cards is very hard and very expensive. Although as tedster said, in your dell, it is not possible.

No you cant upgrade it due to the fact it wolud be intergrated video most likely the Intel 900 mobile graphics.

Hows that alittle tip more like a HUGE top lol. My experience with all del computers isnt so great. There just so problem creating computers on the market.

Hello captainsanta157, basically when you buy a Laptop you see at the specs and that's all you are gonna get, except for HDD or RAM none other components are upgradeable on budget. It's true on theory you can upgrade MOBO, CPU, or GPU but sure it will cost more than 50% of what you paid for that laptop or even more trouble than getting a new one. Don't go buy any video card online or at the stores that you usually see because those are designed for desktops PC's. That's my comment for you. Oh Dell, sorry but I'll agree with previous posts, Dell just make our upgradable world impossible, some of the cheapest MOBO i've ever seen, let's just say Dell is for students who only want to use Microsoft Office and use the internet :eek: .
BTW, Dell's XPS looks pretty good, let's wait to see if they Batt don't start burning again :D

Sorry man. If you want to upgrade in the future, then get a desktop. Its cheaper, and way easier to upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back