Can we get increased time before being logged out?

MrGaribaldi

The time now is 03:12 PM.
You last visited: 05-27-2003 02:51 PM.

I don't know how long the limit is now, but I keep timing out...

It is quite annoying, as it mostly happens when I'm writing a post, checking if the information is correct, making sure my spelling isn't too horrible etc...
So when I'm finally finished, I find that there are no new posts since my last visit...

So far today this has happened 2 times...

Maybe we could be allowed to set the timeout ourselves, or at least get 25/30 min without activity before we're logged out...

Please?

Pretty please?
;)

with sugar and a cherry on top ?

or maybe someone should write may small posts instead of a big one ;) j/k, I always loved reading :p

Originally posted by MrGaribaldi
Maybe we could be allowed to set the timeout ourselves, or at least get 25/30 min without activity before we're logged out...

Please?

Pretty please?
;)

Let me look into that.

well, you're leaving me kinda hungry now ...

but it's ok :) i know i'm sometimes not that easy hehehe

MrG,

I found the option you were requesting, cookie timeout is currently set to 15 minutes which does sound reasonable enough however if you confirm your request I could add some extra 5 minutes. Although unlikely, I'm not sure if this would add up to server load, in any case let me know what you think about it.

Unless it adds too much to the server load, I'd really appreciate the extra 5 min!

But if it's shown to cause an undue server load, then leave it as it/remove the 5 extra min...

Thank you :)

Sounds good to me, thanks Julio. I'm sure it will come in handy to more users than not, since most of us spend an hour or so on at a time, coming and going intermitenly (sp.). But as Mr. G said there is no need to run up the server load. Maybe something to keep an eye on.

I will keep an eye on loads but I believe there is no connection between this cookie setting and cpu usage after all, so it's all good.

Just thought I'd bump this thread back up again, as I keep on timing out when writing a post...

And one thing struck me...
While 15 min should be more than enough for most our members, is it possible to create a group which has a higher timeout setting? Those of us who'd like to be in the group either post in a thread here, or PM you (the first option would probably be the best), and you could grant/deny on a case by case basis...

Just a thought, as I'm timing out whenever I post about DRM, Spam or the like (as I have a lot to say about those topics)...

That sounds like a good idea MrG. It could be given on the same basis that the member titles of Paladin and Chancellor are given(if its even possible to do it)

just my $0.02

I'm not sure how easy that is to implement, but it could be looked into I'm sure.....
I think the ones who are regulars and tend to post quite a few times a day would like to have the longer time outs.

I am one of them :)

Back