Can you get the product key from the CD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegasgmc

I lost the sleeve that came with my Windows 95 disk and need the key. I want to install 95 on my old computer so I can play my old games like Final Unity, Dark Forces and Wing Commander. I cant get them to work with my SB Live card on this computer. Thanks

Product keys aren't unique to every Windows disc, and there's no way you could get it off the CD. Ask anyone who may have an old copy of '95, and get their key, if you really can't find your old one. You could also try calling MS tech support and asking them for a new key. Or to save yourself the trouble, you could try finding an alternate source for a key, which is perfectly fine & legal since you legally own the product and just lost the key.

Like the other poster replied, if you actually own the cd, then just go to kazaa and put in a search for windows 95 serial. I'm sure many will come up. I'm not promoting pirating, but kazaa is an option if you are being legit.

Kevin

Yeah, defently check Kazaa, plus its all over the net. Just type in some stuff under yahoo's scearch engine. heres 2 i scooped up for you real quick:
MS Windows 95:
MS Windows 95 OSR2:

I have no idea if they work or not, but should;)
Laterz

[size=1]Edited by SNGX1275: Can't post cd-keys here. [/size]

Thanks. I did try Kazaa but the one key generator I found doesnt work right. And I do own this copy of 95 legally. I bought it in 95 but never kept track of it since Ive gone through 5 OS upgrades since then. Who would want to pirate 95 anyway :). I can get a new copy fron DirectDeals.com for $30 so I might do that.

Hmm agissi, I don't think it's a good idea to post those serial numbers here.

If they belong to someone, I don't think they would be happy to see them here.

Most of those key generators don't work. Some do but most are crap. Just do a search for what you want. If you are looking for Win 95 key, search for that, even Google will bring back a few dozen valid ones if you look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back