Can you please help me with this new PC configuration...Thx!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just Bought a gaming PC from IBUYPOWER and would very much appreciate it if someone with the experience and knowledge like all of you that have posted your input in many reviews I've seen , tell whether I should change anything in it or not as I still have the time to do so... Thx.

Case ( [New !!!] Nzxt Apollo Gaming Tower Case w/420W Power Supply Black )
Case Lighting ( Neon Light Blue )
Power Supply ( ** iBUYPOWER Recommended ** NZXT PF-500 500 Watt Power Supply )
Processor ( Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6400 (2x 2.13GHz/2MB L2 Cache/1066FSB) )
Free Software/Game ( Free Game - [Hero] )
Free Software/Game ( Free Game - [World of Warcraft ] )
Processor Cooling ( [New !!!] iBUYPOWER Liquid CPU Cooling Fan System Kit --- [for INTEL CPU] )
Motherboard ( Asus P5N-SLI w/7.1 Sound, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0 Dual PCI-E MB )
Memory ( 1024MB [512MB X2] DDR2-800 PC6400 Memory Module Corsair-Value or Major Brand )
Video Card ( 2x Nvidia Geforce 7300GT 512MB w/DVI + TV Out Video )
Hard Drive ( 250 GB HARD DRIVE [Serial-ATA-II, 3Gb, 7200 RPM, 8M Cache] )
CD/DVD Drive ( 16x DVD-ROM Drive Black )
CD-RW/DVD-RW Drive ( [** Special !!! ***] 16X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive Black )
Sound Card ( 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard )
Speaker System ( 600W PMPO 3 PCS Super Bass Subwoofer Speaker System )
Network Card ( Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100) )
Keyboard ( Logitech Deluxe Keyboard Black )
Mouse ( Logitech Optical Internet Mouse Black )
Flash Media Reader/Writer ( 12-In-1 Internal Flash Media Card Reader/Writer Black )
Operation System ( [Special !!] MS Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 )
Wireless Network Adapter ( [Special !!!] Wireless 802.11g 54Mbps PCI Adapter )
Warranty ( Warranty Service Standard 3-Year Limited Warranty + Lifetime Technical Support )
Rush Service ( Rush Service Fee (not shipping fee) No Rush, Ship Out in 5~10 Business Days )

You should change your graphic cards from 2x 7300 GT to 2x 7900 GTX or 2x 7900 GT. Better would be the 7950 GX2 with 1GB of VRAM

NFSFAN said:
You should change your graphic cards from 2x 7300 GT to 2x 7900 GTX or 2x 7900 GT. Better would be the 7950 GX2 with 1GB of VRAM

The problem I have is that that would be a pricey upgrad at $540. Do you know wher can I get a better deal for those cards?

this might convice u

NFSFAN said:
drop the extra pheriphirials such as speakers unless you r getting a good deal on them, research that
for the cards, IF YOU KEEP THOSE they will be a serious bottleneck to your cpu :blackeye:

Thank you very much for your answers.

As a quick quesiton... since the configuration includes 2 7300 GT, would it still be worth the change if I get just one 7900 with 512MB?

martensm said:
Thank you very much for your answers.

As a quick quesiton... since the configuration includes 2 7300 GT, would it still be worth the change if I get just one 7900 with 512MB?

yes especially sience it gives you tho option of upgradeing to sli later by adding just 1 card. Although you might want to get the cheapest card you can (even integrated if you can live with that for a few mos.) And get good card(s) when Dirext X 10 cards come out.

Power Supply ( ** iBUYPOWER Recommended ** NZXT PF-500 500 Watt Power Supply )

I would recomend a good name brand (PC Power&Cooling,Antec,Enermax,FSP) PSU if one is offered.

Thanks Everyone!!!, I decided to pull the two nVIDIA 7300s and get one 7900 GT (Sparkle Calibre P790+ with 512MB)... I will let you know how it worked when I get the PC from IBUYPOWER

BTW, quick question to you... I have a Sony XBrite SDM-HS95P/S 19" LCD Monitor. It has both VGA and DVI input connectors... Would you please tell me whether to use VGA or DVI?... I understand there may be some cosiderations on whether it is gaming or other applications that you will be using...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back