Canadian politician accidentally appears naked on Parliamentary Zoom call

midian182

Staff member
WTF?! In another example of how this increasingly digitized age is catching some people out, a Canadian MP has been forced to apologize after he appeared naked in a Zoom call during a virtual meeting of the House of Commons.

William Amos, who represents the Quebec district of Pontiac for Prime Minister Trudeau's Liberal Party, was caught walking around in his birthday suit during the session. Like many countries, Canada allows some MPs to participate in parliamentary sittings via video call as a precaution against Covid-19.

Standing between the Quebec and Canadian flags while hiding his gentleman's parts behind a phone, Amos' faux pas was only visible to parliament members and staff on the internal feed.

Image credit: The Canadian Press

"My video was accidentally turned on as I was changing into my work clothes after going for a jog," he said. "I sincerely apologize to my colleagues in the House of Commons for this unintentional distraction. Obviously, it was an honest mistake and it won't happen again."

Claude DeBellefeuille, an MP for the opposition Bloc Quebecois party, raised the issue of Amos' nudity in a point of order. While she complimented him for being in "great physical shape," she did suggest that "this member should be reminded of what is appropriate and to control his camera."

Speaker Anthony Rota admitted that he did not see the incident, but it had been brought to his attention by technical support. He advised members to avoid walking about on camera exposing their members, essentially.

Another, albeit more innocent, Zoom fail occurred earlier this year when a Texas lawyer couldn't remove a kitten filter, forcing him to assure the judge that he was not, in fact, a cat.

Masthead image credit: Dean Drobot

Permalink to story.

That nearly happened to me.

I was on the Zoom call in the shower and the phone was laying flat.

When I started toweling dry, one of my employees was like "sir - turn your camera off".

These devices are not perfect. A single drop of water can activate and deactivate the camera or mic.

I st of all work and non work cams should not be too easy to activate. and cams should only activate in some places. put a lid on it down. we are born LIKE that.

Lulz, I work from a PC that doesn't have a camera on it, audio only. I need to switch to a laptop to do any videoconf so my risk of accidental exposure is nonexistent for that type of embarrassment. Hey like stewi said, at least he's in good shape.

As a Canadian-born refugee claimant in the U.S., I feel entitled to observe that the more pressing obscenity here, is that Parliament, which is essentially like the House of Representatives here, only without any serious counterbalances like an elected Senate, or an independent executive branch, was in session, and the a$$#0!e, a member of the party that rules with the support of fewer than one in three Canadian electors, felt it was OK to take off for a jog when he ought to have been in his "office".

The Liberal Party of Canada's contempt for Parliament knows no bounds. Even Trump got 46% of the popular vote, AND was held in some measure of check by both houses of Congress. Not so, in the Great White North.

As a Canadian-born refugee claimant in the U.S., I feel entitled to observe that the more pressing obscenity here, is that Parliament, which is essentially like the House of Representatives here, only without any serious counterbalances like an elected Senate, or an independent executive branch, was in session, and the a$$#0!e, a member of the party that rules with the support of fewer than one in three Canadian electors, felt it was OK to take off for a jog when he ought to have been in his "office".

The Liberal Party of Canada's contempt for Parliament knows no bounds. Even Trump got 46% of the popular vote, AND was held in some measure of check by both houses of Congress. Not so, in the Great White North.
Canada was designed to be like this from Confederation in 1867. POWER was and is concentrated in Ontario and Quebec. The western provinces are the ones who ALWAYS get robbed by the former two. In fact, Canada's first PM Sir John A. Macdonald only planned the western prairie provinces to be "crown colonies administered from Ottawa." That is a direct quote from a February 9, 1871 letter to a Conservative Ontario MP from North Brant named J.Y. Bown. [Sprague, D. N., Canada and the Métis, 1869–1885 (Waterloo, ON: Wilfred Laurier University Press, 1988). Read all of chapter two “Acquiring Canada’s First Colony,” especially pages 24 through 30.]

Everyone who has looked into this matter seriously has become a western separatist because there is NO way of rectifying the situation within the current constitutional framework of Canada. If the prairie provinces want a fair deal they will have to separate and become their own country.

Sorry to inject politics into this thread but some things just have to be said. At least this is not partisan politics. All the federal political parties are complicit in this.

Last edited:
Canada was designed to be like this from Confederation in 1867. POWER was and is concentrated in Ontario and Quebec. The western provinces are the ones who ALWAYS get robbed by the former two. In fact, Canada's first PM Sir John A. Macdonald only planned the western prairie provinces to be "crown colonies administered from Ottawa." That is a direct quote from a February 9, 1871 letter to a Conservative Ontario MP from North Brant named J.Y. Bown. [Sprague, D. N., Canada and the Métis, 1869–1885 (Waterloo, ON: Wilfred Laurier University Press, 1988). Read all of chapter two “Acquiring Canada’s First Colony,” especially pages 24 through 30.]

Everyone who has looked into this matter seriously has become a western separatist because there is NO way of rectifying the situation within the current constitutional framework of Canada. If the prairie provinces want a fair deal they will have to separate and become their own country.

Sorry to inject politics into this thread but some things just have to be said. At least this is not partisan politics. All the federal political parties are complicit in this.
Come on... You need to pay your due to Quebec. Alberta needs to pay for what thay've done to Quebec.

Back