Cannot access bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I just upgraded my system with a Pentium 4 D 945 and ECS mob(P4P800PRO) Everything booted up fine but I cannot access the bios screen for some reason.Post screen says press delete key, the manual says F1 or delete key but I tried them both and it just goes right to windows xp load screen. This upgrade from my old abit ai7 and P4 3.2 sure doesnt seem alot faster than the new hardware. Course, I had 2 gb of ddr in old system but new motherboard(which I'll probably replace with a high-end mob soon) only has 2 ddr slots and 2 ddr2 slots so right now I'M ONLY RUNNING WITH 1GB PC3200.But it seems like my sisters p4 d840 runs faster? So I thought I'd do some bios checking but I just cant get into it. I have a Microsoft natural keyboard 4000 via usb. Can anyone tell me why I cant enter the bios? thanks

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Try using a keyboard that`s hooked up to the ps2 socket and see if that helps.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Yep.. It could be that the USB keyboard support is not enabled.

Also, try starting up the system with no keyboard at all - it should complain and tell you which key to press to get into BIOS setup.

ps2 keyboard worked

thanks for the tips. I was able to access bios but this board only has automatic OC? I miss my old 478 abit ai7 with uguru on the fly oc. This ecs p4m800pro-m has a strange bios. I cant choose how much to oc it just sets it from 200 to 300 but then it wont boot up. Anyone know of a descent cpu overclock tool till i replace this mob.It came as a package with pentium d 945. It sure doesnt seem too much faster than my p4 478 3.2. I read some pretty crappy reviews on this board and want to upgrade but you know how that goes, most high-end mob are pci-express and ddr2.I like my agp x800pro.Why dont they make a high-end agp board anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back