Cannot access internt via wireless connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laptop: HPzx5000

My wireless connection was working fine before a reformat. I did a reformat and now I cannot get access to the internet. I get 'page cannot be display' error when launching IE. I know it's not my router having the problem because I have two other laptop in the house that is accessing wireless perfectly fine at the moment.

When double click on wireless icon on bottom right corner , i get packets/bytes being sent but NOT recieving. Signal strenth: excellent.

Under Networking properties, I have remove the wireless card from the NET Bridge and reboot. Add back to Bridege and reboot. I tried assigning static LAN IP and 'Obtain IP auto' option. All of which did not solve the problem. I have also update the most recent driver for the wireless card. If I connect the laptop via hardwire LAN ethernet cable, then I can assess the internet fine.

Hmmmm.....This is a strange one :rolleyes: . Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,.

Well, i don't know or never knew that you can check what machine is currently connected wirelessly.

Well, after some researching on how to check this, i realize that the router never did recognized the HP laptop. It did recognize the other laptops. I found out by checking the DHCP tab on my D-link router.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back