Cannot Access Just One Site Out of No Where

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azmodaii

Hello everybody,
I was downloading some files a few minutes ago from www.rapidshare.com. I have my own private acct there and have never had any problems. I use windows xp and have Internet Download Manager as my DM. As I was dling a multi-file pack I logged on to rapidshare in the meantime and changed my password while i was at it. It changed successfully etc and I logged out only to find that the queued downloads on IDM had stopped entirely. I tried to log back onto www.rapidshare.com but it will not show. The page will not open at all, on firefox and opera it'll just remain black for eons, and in Internet explorer it'll wait for a bit and then give a "can't find site" type generic error.

There is no chance its an IP ban because my brother's pc who is on the same network can freely connect to the site. He can also log in with my changed info so there's no problem there either and he can download with this info as well.

I tried deleting the system32/drivers/etc contents with the host file etc. but it didn't work.

I tried deleting all instances of "rapidshare" from my registry but to no avail.

I also tried deleting my cache, cookies and even checked my restricted sites but still no success.

I can access every site except this.. what could have changed? should I try deleting my Download manager and try installing it again or something? I am clueless. please help me :/

Sometimes a bad DNS entry will be cached and you will need to either flush the DNS cache to get rid of it, or wait up to 24 hours for it to be dropped from the cache automatically.

I would try this as it won't hurt anything if it doesn't work

Go to start -> all programs -> accessories -> command prompt

When the command prompt opens type exactly the following don't forget the space.

Code:
ipconfig /flushdns

It should come up and say "Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache."

After it says that type the following and press enter

Code:
ipconfig /registerdns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back