Cannot access my M$ Firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.

8r1n

To all the Techspot Brains,
My problem is the following:
Due to an unidentified problem, windows cannot display the windows firewall settings
I have tried all the usual fixes & tried all the recommended from the sharedaccess site, but to no avail? I cannot change anything in Windows firewall anywhere on the PC. I am running XP Pro Service Pack 2. I have run every virus,trojan,rootkit malaware proggies known to man & am 99.9999% sure no virus on my sys.
I am at a loss as to what to do next! I do not want to re-format so any ideas would be most welcome & gratefully received.
peace
8r1n

PS: I know it's not a good protective F/W but I need to switch it off!

Thanks HowdyHo,
Looks like a very interesting site will spend some time looking through their fixes etc.
8r1n

Hi Daulton Lauer,
Been there done that twice! unfortunately it ain't curing the problem, but hey thanks for the link bro. It's a weird one this as I can't access it anywhere on the PC, just comes up with (Due to an unidentified problem etc etc) A lateral thinking solution for this one? I just don't want to reformat a 300gig 60% full H/D
Peace
8r1n

Hi Daulton Lauer,
Thanks for the up on the Firewall Weblog Lots to check & hopefully try out! Fingers crossed
Peace
Bryn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back