Cannot connect to MSN Messenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

help12345

Hi! I dont appear to have any nasties on my laptop now but still msn messenger fails to load.

I have Live Messenger 8.0. I used the connectivity check in this program and it tells me I have incorrect proxy or firewall settings.

I am using the ZoneAlarm firewall and simply cannot see how msn is being stopped from loading.

Does anybody have an ideas about how to solve this, my heads hurts!

TYIA

Often no error message

Sometimes nothing happens. Ive seen 8007000e. Usually says i am not connected to the internet. The problem persists with all msn versions. 4,7 and 8. Came out the blue!

some more details

the problem still persists when i disable zonealarm and the antivirus.

the windows firewall is not activated.

my usual browser is firefox.

any ideas anybody??? weird huh!

Just to recap ... still frustrated!

Hi! I got some viruses on the following files

wininet.dll
msnserv0.exe
msmsgrs.exe

My problems began when i accidentally deleted wininet.dll it wouldnt sign me into messenger because it said this file was missing. I managed to replace the file and now my laptop is completely clean, ive had it checked here online.

However, still I cannot connect to MSN. I have done the following;

Reinstalled MSN, ive tried 4,7 and 8.
All say that I am not connected to the internet.
I currently have live messenger 8.0.

I disconnected everything; anti virus and firewall and then tried messenger but NOTHING. Said the same thing, that my firewall was blocking it.

I checked windows firewall. This box is not checked so its not functioning right now.

Please can you advice me what to do. Ive been using this for years and simply cannot see what I should do.

Should I reinstall Internet Explorer?????

I think this is a windows problem.

Please contact me asap.
TYIA

do you know what viruses they were, some may seem to be gone but are not and can only be gotten fully rid of by doing a full format of the HDD drive this may be the problem it may not, you could try installing IExplorer again first see if that fixes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back