Cannot connect to router

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I recently bought myself a netgear DG834PN adsl modem wireless router and I just can't seem configure it.

I've reset all my Network settings, enable DHCP and done everything I can think of, but when I enter //192.168.0.1 to log in to the router, all I get is a 'page cannot be displayed' message. Its been bugging me for about 3 days now and I can't work out whats up...

I'm currently using a USB modem, so theres the possibility that there may be some conflict with that, but otherwise I'm stumped...

I should mention that all the relevant lights on the front of the router are lit. They show that its connected to the net and is connected to the computer.

Please help

Have you been able to use another computer to verify it is your router?

The reason I ask is this can also happen if there's problems with your computer's software, such as a damaged Winsock.

Copy and paste an ipconfig /all here so we can take a peek at what's happening under the hood. Start > Run > cmd . Click [OK] and a command window will appear. Type the command ipconfig /all in and press [enter]. Right click on the title bar and click 'Select All' and 'Edit'. Right click anywhere on the highlighted text and paste the information here.

Thanks for the quick reply Rick.

I've not been able to use another computer, my company laptop is locked to the company domain so I've not bothered trying on that yet.

I tried to run cmd, but get a message to say its not a valid Win32 Application...

I tried to run the ipconfig /all in command prompt but it crashes, and finally when I try start > run > ipconfig /all a window flashes up but closes before I can get any info from it..

Any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back