Cannot Create DirectShow Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

souton

I use Mozilla Firefox and have been using it for quite sometime and am very satisfied. But.. just recently I have had problem that gives me the message "Cannot Create DirectShow Player" and has "nspdplay" in the titlebar. This happens on pages like myspace's where people have videos/audio or on any website that has a video/audio on it. I use my regular IE on the same pages and get no pop-up notification.. but nothing plays. Any ideas/help would be great. Thanks.

Mind posting a link to an affected page so we can see what seems to be requiring these codecs. Have you tried different Firefox builds? The latest nightlies can be found here; http://www.squarefree.com/burningedge/
Don't install it unless you *really* want to try it though, also do the pages work ok in IE or other browser?

man this thread is pretty old and no one seemed to have a solution. it randomly started working for me again I think... it's been awhile. I haven't had the problem since then.. of course I have formatted numerous times since this post. hope someone can help you

Greek solution!!!

Method1: Repeat installing files Jscript.dll και Vbscript.dll
1. Click on Start menu and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type regsvr32 jscript.dll and then click OK.
3. Click ΟΚ.
4. Click on Start menu and then click Run.
5. In the Open box type regsvr32 vbscript.dll and then click OK.
6. Click ΟΚ.
If one of the files has not been installed like it should be or if a "false" message appears, the system files seems to be missing or been damaged. In order to export the missing file in Microsoft Windows XP, follow these steps:
2. In the Open box, type msconfig and then click OK.
3. Click on the Expand File option.
4. In File to restore , type the name of the file you want to restore.
5. In the Restore from box, type the path of Windows XP .cab file, in whixh you want to restore the file or click on Search in the Browse From to find the Windows XP .cab file.

Remember : Windows XP .cab files are being saved in the I386 folder of Windows XP cd.
6. In the Save file in box, type the path in which you want to export the new file or click on Search at Browse To to find the file you want.
7. Click Expand.
8. in the dialog box System Configuration Utility, click OK. If you will be asked to restart your machine click Restart.
If the problem is solved probably you will be happy when you read this! If not... Check the following method. Bigman the Greek has something else for you!!!

Method 2: Editing the registry
WARNING! This might cause serious problems in case of wrong edit of the registry using the Registry Editor or other method. Because of those reasons above, you may need to install your OS from the beginnign. I don't guarrantee that these problems can be solved. Edit the Registry with YOURS responsibillity.
2. n the Open box, type regedit and then click OK.
3. Find the registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{f414c260-6ac0-11cf-b6d1-00aa00bbbb58}\In procServer32
The default data do not include the following value:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\JSCRIPT.DLL
If the value is not included double click on Default and type: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\JSCRIPT.DLL in the Value data and then click OK
4. The ThreadingModel Value Data MUST include tha following Value:
Both
If NOT, double click onThreadingModel option and then type Both in the Value data box.
5. Find the registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{f414c261-6ac0-11cf-b6d1-00aa00bbbbb58}\In procServer32
6. Repeat 3 and 4 steps to edit that key and proceed to step 7.
7. Find the registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{f414c262-6ac0-11cf-b6d1-00aa00bbbbb58}\In procServer32
8. Repeat 3 and 4 steps to edit that key and proceed to step 9.
9. Close Registry Editor.

With Honor BIGMAN the GREEK. Try the Grek way!!! Facility and Efficiency!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back