Cannot Disable Wireless Connecion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
Wel this is my first Post in thisn forum. so please forgive if i do any mistake in posting.

The probelm i am facing is that when i right click on my Wireless card and select Disable it gives me the error
" It is not possible the connection at this time. This connection may be using one or more protocol that do not support Plug-and-Play, or it may have been initiated by another user or system account."

Please note that i was able to disable thwe wireless card upto the last month but not now.
Also no new hardware is installed in my computer.
I am running Win XP wit SP2

Thanx in advance for any kind of help
Regards,

do you have permissions to the admin/power user priveliges on that account you tried to do on?
does the pc have multiple users?
tried updating/rollback the driver?
do you remember if there is any environment changes (hard/software)?
what is the wifi network its connected to? have you tried to disconnect from the network beforehand?

oh yeh.... is this a PC or a laptop? wifi adapter internal/usb/pci card/etc?

As i told you in my previous post that there is no Harware is installed and removed.
Also i am the only user on the machine and i have administrative rights.
One thing which i also mention in my previous post that i ws able to do so upto last month but not now.

ok.. i assume that you have a laptop, with a pcmcia wifi card and that you have the latest drivers and there is no software changes in windows itself... (sorry, my mind reading skill ain't that good)

try reseting the drivers for your wifi adaptor:
-right click [my computer>properties>hardware tab>device manager]
-find your wifi card, right click then remove.
-reboot your pc, windows will auto reinstall it...

checked that another program is not using the wifi card while you are trying to disconnect?

When you shut down the Computer... and remove the wireless card. find-remove - every virus, trojan, mal-ware, Spyware shutdown and then restart and when you restart with the Wireless Card out.... see if you can disable the device...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back