Cannot get more than 127GB from HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all
I cannot seem to get my 300GB Seagate SATA drive to show it's full size. I have XP SP2 and haven't had any other problems besides this and it's driving me nuts.
Thanks for any help!

This is my system:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
Gigabyte M55SLI-S4 NVIDIA Socket AM2 ATX Motherboard
OCZ Gold XTC 1024MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz
BFG GeForce 7950 GT
Seagate Barracuda 300GB 7200rpm SATA (ST3300620AS)

hi there,

i have had this problem in the past with my sisters pc, which didnt recognise an 80gb hard drive (it was an old pentium 2/400Mhz machine :) he either way if i remember correctly we changed something on the bios and a jumper on the disk as it was an ide. however in your case i would suggest to check the bios for any option for the disk, and most probably u'll need an update on the bios, as some older bios dont allow big disks for blablabla reasons.. if u check with gigabyte site i think they have an online update utility which makes this process hassle free.
if this is not the case then check with settings on the sata controller although i dont think this should be it.
anyway, havent had this problem for ages so i cant really be certain.
anyhow. other users will advise aswell i think :)

happy nut driving and gluck :)

Thanks for the reply;
The Gigabyte utility says I am all up to date (Makes sense, I just built this thing recently)
How would I go about checking the SATA controller? (BIOS probably?) And what particular setting would I be looking for?

have you looked in disk manager for rest of drive
try a 3rd party manager like acronis or paragon if you don't want to play with MS
in bios set drive to LBA or 48 bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back