Cannot install new router with bundled CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

praveen198830

i connected router to my pc and tried to install it while i put the cd it shpws me an error message

self registration error - C;/docuents/flash/flash.osx

please help

thanks

A better way to connect into your router is through the Web Configuration.

First, obtain what your IP address is for that router. To do this;

Click Start
Click Run
Type cmd
Hit ok
Type ipconfig /all (at the C:\prompt)
write down the number for your "Gateway" address
open Internet Explorer
In the address field, type //<gateway address>. In example:

http://192.168.1.1

This will bring you to the configuration page, and you can edit the router from there.

gavinseabrook said:
A better way to connect into your router is through the Web Configuration.

First, obtain what your IP address is for that router. To do this;

Click Start
Click Run
Type cmd
Hit ok
Type ipconfig /all (at the C:\prompt)
write down the number for your "Gateway" address
open Internet Explorer
In the address field, type //<gateway address>. In example:

http://192.168.1.1

This will bring you to the configuration page, and you can edit the router from there.

i did this it asks for username and password what do i do

Now what you will want to do, is see if there are any firmware updates that you can apply. Check the manufacturers website.

router does not need software to install
as seen it is running already
read the blasted manual
what are you trying to do other than add a router?

in the cpu i plugged in the wire whatever they gave me but it doesnot connect to internet and that local area icon doensot show up in network folder

the problem lies on the other side of the router, the internet side. your computer is successfully communicating using http (to the router) so your problem is between the router and the outside world...
Start here -> Do you have internet?
Yes? -> You don't have a problem..
no? -> does the modem have a connection? I assume you have DSL??
If the modem is connected (the internet light is on) you need to configure your router ,if no, Connect it to the wall and the router BEFORE you turn it on. After all plugs are turn stuff on in this order... Modem -> Router -> Computer. then on the computer goto Start -> run -> cmd -> ok -> ipconfig /renew -> then type exit. try the internet. (go to your default Browser and go to a website.) you should be up and running.

i was talking about modem
sorry thought router and modem were same

my modem the black box westell i plugged those wires whatevr hey gave me but it doensot connect to internet.

lights are all on

ok thats fine, do you have other phones plugged in to the phone line? if so do they have filters on them? you must have filters on all phone lines EXCEPT the phone plug that the modem plugs into. an dumb question, but I have to ask the dumb questions out of the way... have you subscribed to dsl on that phone number/line??? does a phone work in that same outlet? did you use the cable provided with the modem? try that and see where it gets you...

you need to call the provider and get them to help setup bridged mode in the modem or config the router as a switch
if your daring do search on web for procedure of this.
after that then its config the nic's time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back