Cannot install printer driver: Access is denied!

Status
Not open for further replies.

noob0

Can anybody help me with this problem?
I'm just trying to install a printer driver, but in the middle of the installation, it stops and says:

Printer driver cannot be installed. Access is denied

This is wierd because I'm the administrator of the computer and there is no one else who uses it.

Any comment \ suggestions are welcome.

I really want my printer =).

have you checked to see if you have Admin privs under your account. Try doing some other things that require Admin access. I have seen profiles become corrupted and lose the ability to perform admin actions even though it is an admin account(hope that makes sense)

I think that mite be the problem. Nething that usually involves my admin access stuff always gets denied (i.e. installing Norton Personal Firewall)

any way to solve it?

Premissions Conflict!!

Windows XP
Go to Control Pannel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Local Users and Groups -> Users -> Administrator: Click on -Member Of- TAB: The only thing that you want in there is Administrators REMOVE all others. This will fix the problem!

limbo said:
Premissions Conflict!!

Windows XP
Go to Control Pannel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Local Users and Groups -> Users -> Administrator: Click on -Member Of- TAB: The only thing that you want in there is Administrators REMOVE all others. This will fix the problem!

Are you talking about XP Pro? Noob0 said he has XP Home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back