Cannot not uninstall program know to be spyware

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameJunkie72792

i recently started using the program log me in to remotely access my computer, after running it on my desktop my spyware program told me it was spy ware so i uninstalled it, but i have a problem on my notebook pc it wont uninstall and i cant stop the processes, or delete the files manually and the uninstaller is no longer in add remove programs... if any one know how to get rid if this nonsense please help, any help would be appreciated! thanks in advance

quick update, after fiddling around a bit i deleted all files but one LMIhook.000.dll
is not in use all the other files are gone so i dont know what is keeping this one from going...

Download this utility HERE, hopefully it`ll get rid of that file for you. If you have any problems, go and read this thread HERE and post a HJT log as an attachment.

Regards Howard :)

Edit: Incidentally, As far as I`m aware, the Log me in programme is not spyware.

you could try this

Open a command line window (WindowsKey + R, enter: cmd). Move to the folder in question by means of CD commands like CD \ and CD foldername.

Delete the file or folder by using the DEL command to delete files or the RMDIR (remove directory) command to remove directories (folders)

Just to reiterate before we continue, the Log Me In programme is not spyware. Whatever programme told you it was has more than likely given you a false positive.

However, should you still wish to delete the LMIinit.dll file, do the following.

Download the Pocket Killbox programme from HERE. Extract it but don`t run it yet.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O20 - Winlogon Notify: LMIinit - C:\Windows\

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Run the killbox.exe file. When it loads type the full path to the file you would like to delete in the field and check the delete file on reboot button. press the Delete File button (looks like a red circle with a white X). It will prompt you to reboot, select no until you have finished inputting the files you want to delete, only then allow it to reboot and hopefully your files will now be deleted. If your computer doesn`t automatically restart, restart it manually.

This is the filepath you need to enter into killbox.

C:\Windows\system32\LMIinit.dll

Once your system has rebooted, rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log.

This thread is for the use of GameJunkie72792 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

okay i dont know what is up with this mcaffe spyware protection im going to download adaware and spybot after i delete this file, thaks for all the help.

Don`t just blame McAfee, all antispyware/antivirus programmes can give false positives from time to time.

This thread is for the use of GameJunkie72792 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back