Cannot play DVD or burn dvd, help..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a HP4100E (Athlon Dual core64, 2.0GHz, 1GB SDRAM 2x512, 16 x DVD rom,and a second 16x DVD burner. I have recently installed ADS InstantDVD+MP3 video capture device and I am not sure if this caused the problem or not. I hae been able to capture vhs video on to my hard drive and view it on my computer with different players but cannot burn it on any of them! Also when I try to use there software(ADS) to burn a DVD the window/software freezes and I cannot shut it down with Task Manager. It says program "not responding".

I can play a CD and DVD in the F: DVD ROM drive.

I can play a CD and burn a CD in the E: DVD ROM drive but.....CAN NOT PLAY or BURN a DVD in this drive. When I put a blank DVD into this drive to burn it I always get a "cannot detect recordable media in device" message. I have tried DVD+, DVD-RW. The drive is supposed to handle all format types.

I also tried to update the E: drive in device manager. It said it is working and when I tried to update it, it said the software is good that is already installed.

I cannot contact ADS tech support as I am at work during the day.
Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Karl

Try uninstalling the software and see if you can burn a DVD. If it works, you know the problem is the ADS software.

I uninstalled the ADS Instant DVD software. I am still having all the same exact problems as I explained before. I popped a DVD in the E: drive and it will still NOT play in windows media player. IT will play in the F: drive but this drive has no burner in it. So I do not think it is a problem with their software.

Any other ideas?

Karl

you need to have software with the appropriate codecs in order to play DVD movies or video. Nero or Roxio are good choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back