Cannot start task managern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Recently my laptop started to behave weird (choppy music playback, slower than usual etc). On top of that i cant start the task manager, not by pressing ctrl+alt+delete, double clicking the taskmgr.exe file.

When doubleclicking the taskmgr.exe a popup is displayed telling me that the file is being used (wtf!) by another program. Sounds very much like a spyware or virus but AVG and adaware cant find anything.

Has anyone else come across this before?

I have attached a hijackthis log.

Hi,

Your system is infected with a trojan.

Important: Please read this thread HERE before you decide whether to clean or reformat your system.

Should you decide to clean your computer, please go ahead to Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and follow the steps to cleaning your computer.
Do follow all the instructions exactly. (you can skip the steps for ad aware since you have already done them)

Also, run HijackThis and fix this entry:
O2 - BHO: CvgraphObj Object - {12355F3E-90C3-41AA-8705-15969AF7F210} - G:\WINDOWS\vgraph.dll

Thereafter, please post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread. Do not copy and paste if not it will be ignored and/or removed by the moderators.
The logs will enable us to understand more about the problems on your system.

With regards to your task manager problems, please read this thread and try out the steps recommended to see if you can fix it.

Regards,
Your friendly Momok =)

This thread is for the use of pipee only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back