cannot start windows normaly

Status
Not open for further replies.

krals

HI to all.
I have the following problem:
Everytime my PC starts i get the message "Sorry for the incov.." and then i have some options (start in safe mode,network and such..), so i press the Start windows normally.
So the machine restart and i get the same message again.
Actually whatever i press it gives me the same message.

What can i do?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

When did your problem first appear?

Had you installed any new hardware/software prior to the problem occurring?

If you have a Windows disk, maybe doing a repair install will help.

Instructions for this can be found HERE.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

I had exactly the same problem on one of my pc's before, and a Windows Repair cured it. Click the link Howard has supplied and repair your system

it has Windows XP Home,can i proceed to repair with a WInXP Professional cd? or i have to find the WInXP Home CD to make the repair?

krals said:
it has Windows XP Home,can i proceed to repair with a WInXP Professional cd? or i have to find the WInXP Home CD to make the repair?

As far as I`m aware, you cannot use an XP pro disk to run a repair installation on a hard drive that has XP home installed.

In other words, you need to find your Windows XP home disk.

Regards Howard :)

a friend boot the PC from another HDD (which has been setup to another pc !), thats why i get this message..

What can i do now??
I didnt find the WInXP Home edition but i have downloaded the 6 disks from micorsoft.

I'd still recommend the repair, as this is exactly what happened with one of my pc's and a repair fixed it,

Dan

danswebs said:
I'd still recommend the repair, as this is exactly what happened with one of my pc's and a repair fixed it,

Dan

Ok, I will try to find the WInXP Home edition CD-ROm.
Lets say i found it, what i have to do when i go to the Repair console screen?
Just give me directions on what exactly i must do.

thanks.

I managed to get the Cd tomorrow.
I will follow your advice and i will come back here to post the resaults.
Tell me something, did u have the same problem? you were getting the screen with "normal mode,safe mode" everytime PC restarts?

I have these problems sometimes also but windows gives me a message saying master boot record file is missing and can't boot. That's probably your case.

sw123 said:
I have these problems sometimes also but windows gives me a message saying master boot record file is missing and can't boot. That's probably your case.

Well i already run the "fixmbr" from recovery console but nothing happend.
Lets see what is going to happen tomorrow...

I think you should just do what Howard said. He is probably right that you should do a Windows repair.

Do you have a second harddrive or just a harddrive lying around? If so, install windows on that one, save your old data from your first one, reformat your first one and fresh install windows xp

sw123 said:
Do you have a second harddrive or just a harddrive lying around? If so, install windows on that one, save your data from your first one, reformat your first one and fresh install windows xp

I managed to take backup before.
is there anything i can do to avoid format ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back