Cannot write data to CD-RW Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been having a problem writing data to my CD-RW drive the error message I get is that the disk is full.
I have a Gateway computer with a Lite-on LTR 1610-2B CD-RW Drive.

What software are you using to write to the CD-RW? Have you formated the disk?
Did it use to work and now stopped working?

cannot write to CD-RW drive

I have Roxio and Musicmatch but I have simply been trying to copy text files in my documents folder onto a Cd-RW by highlighting the file and selecting copy to CD when I open my CD drive it shows all the files that I am trying to copy. from there, I select write files to CD and put a blank CDRW disc in the drive. I am then prompted to insert a writable disc in to the CD drive even when ia blank disc is allready in the drive as if it does not recognize that a disc is in the drive. I'm confused.

Richard Mahan said:
I have Roxio and Musicmatch but I have simply been trying to copy text files in my documents folder onto a Cd-RW by highlighting the file and selecting copy to CD when I open my CD drive it shows all the files that I am trying to copy. from there, I select write files to CD and put a blank CDRW disc in the drive. I am then prompted to insert a writable disc in to the CD drive even when ia blank disc is allready in the drive as if it does not recognize that a disc is in the drive. I'm confused.
Has it ever worked on that sytem? Sounds like your CDRW burner could be faulty.

cannot write to CD-RW drive

Thanks for your input. you are probably right that the drive is faulty, however it did work at one time. the computer is almost four years old but working fine except for the CDRW drive. I have been using a Sandisk mini-cruiser external USB drive to copy files to my laptop and that works fine and probably much faster.

Can't copy files to CD/RW drive

I had this problem, and this advice from Microsoft got rid of the glitch for me

To work around this behavior: 1. Click Start, and then click Administrative Tools.
2. Click Services.
3. Right-click IMAPI CD-Burning COM service, and then click Properties.
4. Set the Startup type to Automatic.
5. Click Start to start the service, and then click OK.
You may have to log off and then log on for this change to take effect.

Some of your cheaper no name brand CD-RW's are no good.

So, if your using cheap discs try getting a something decent. Cheaper than getting a new burner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back