Can't access Task Manager - Had virus/spyware removed

Status
Not open for further replies.
HJT Log incl Can't access Task Manager - Had virus/spyware removed

Downloaded spyware XP Antivirus. Have since run Webroot spysweeper and a compete Norton Antivirus. They have both quarantined some items, but I still can't access TaskManager and computer is still acting up. Here is my hijack file:

(Moderator edit: Please do not copy and paste your logs. Instead, post them as attachments only in either .txt or .log format. To learn how to attach a log file, please see HERE.)

Please help!

Hi pingroup and welcome to techspot. =)

I suggest you do the following before doing anything else

Important: Please read this thread HERE before deciding if you should CLEAN or FORMAT your system

Should you decide to that cleaning your system is the best option, please go to Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and follow the steps given.
Do follow all the instructions exactly.

Thereafter, please post fresh HijackThis, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread.
Do not copy and paste your logs if not they will be removed.

Our experts here will tend to your queries thereafter.

Also, please provide the results of the Antirootkit scan

Regards,
momok =)

This thread is for the use of pingroup only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our Security and The Web forum.

Do you have your Windows Installation disk, or can you borrow one that is your build? I would run 'repair console' that will reinstall any corrupt or missing files: but will maintain your programs. When the installation process gets to the 'partition' part: it will ask if you want repair, or do a clean install on that partition. Select the repair and follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back