can't access wow website

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpl2000

i'm not entirely sure this is in the right section; move if necessary.

i can't access any of the wow websites. none of 'em. i can access blizzard.com, but not worldofwarcraft.com

is there any way i can fix this? i'm on a brand-new computer right now, i don't know any reason i can't get in...
it gives me the message that says the connection timed out. any thoughts, advice appreciated.

Yea, wait till tomorrow, Blizzards WoW sites oftenly goes down...

As of right now I can access both the EU and US sites (I play on a EU server...)

if it weren't for the fact that this has been going on for over a month, i'd heed your advice. (closer to 2 months, in fact.)

any other advice?

(trying to copy wow from one laptop to another via a thumb drive is a pain)

firefox and IE don't work for it. i've got 3 computers, none of them can access said website. not really sure it's worth it to bother with netscape or opera

edit: opera can't access it either
edit edit: netscape can't, either.

Either -

1.You have some some software or hardware on all your computers,
that is blocking that address.

2.Your ISP is blocking it (unlikely).

3.The WoW site is blocking you,or your ISP .

Maybe they`ve had DOS attacks from someone who looks like you.

ok. i've just sent a message to WoW tech support, so i'm hoping they'll get back to me soon

and i think the 3rd is the most likely, considering i just got this computer (brand new) and i haven't started up norton or anything, and it's unlikely they block the wow site on installation.

(edit) so yeah, i brought up cmd prompt, and put in this:
nslookup www.worldofwarcraft.com in thoughts it might help from another thread i found

it says, and i quote...

DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
***can't find server name for address 192.168.0.1: timed out
server: unknown
address: 192.168.0.1

DNS request timed out
timeout was 2 seconds
DNS request timed out
timeout was 2 seconds
***request to unknown timed-out

note: i'm also on 2 different os's, vista and XP.
i'm on an hp laptop(vista), compaq laptop (XP), and a dell desktop (XP)

There could be a fire wall... check your firewall settings and hollar back.
I went through this same problem when I played runescape too much and my mom blocked the site for a while. Lol

yeah, the computer i just bought has a vista firewall--virtually useless. (IT ONLY CHECKS ITSELF!)

it doesn't have any blocked websites(the new computer); the first time i tried to go in, on the new computer, the connection timed out.

i'm gonna find somewhere else with wifi and use that, to see if i can get on. as soon as i do, i'll let y'all know.

edit: when i try going to starcraft2.com, it says that the server is taking too long to respond. it seems like the branches of blizzard are the only ones i'm having trouble with.

edit edit: when possible, can someone copy/paste the update on wrath of the lich king to me? pm or otherwise, i'll provide my e-mail if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back