Can't delete several websites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gradient

Hi all. I've been trying to erase my browsing history. However, there are some sites that refuse to leave IE6's drop down search bar. Ordinary sites - there are even four random pages from a forum I frequent that will simply not be deleted, even though the others will. I've tried everything, from deleting cookies to history to the Windows temp file to the index.dat and more, I've run software to do all those things, I've followed every trick I could find on Google, and yet there are a few websites, almost all ones I frequent and know are safe, that will not budge from the IE6 search bar no matter what I do. I'm at my wit's end - what could there posibly be to stop these from being deleted?

Thanks,
Phil

To tell you the truth, I`m not sure what`s causing your problem.

Go and read this thread HERE and post a HJT log as an attachment. I`ll take a look and see if I can see anything that would explain your issue.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Gradient only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back