Cant format after wipe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have a problem. After a wipe of my flash drive, I can't figure out how to re-format. When I insert the flash drive, it assigns it a drive letter. But when I click on that, it says "Please insert a disc into Drive X:" Right clicking on it and going to Format gives me the message "There is no disc in drive X: Please insert a disc to continue" When I go to disk managment, the drive letter shows up, but again, I can't click on it to format it.

Any suggestions????

Thanks.
Mikey

Thanks for the reply. I actually just tried that before I posted. My flash drive is one of the options, although it is listed as a 0MB drive. When I click format, I get a message that "There is no media in the specified drive".

I have the same problem with two different brands of flash drives that I wiped, so I don't think it's a faulty drive. Just need to figure out how to format....grrrrrr.

M

Why is it X

If you have network/Share/Virtual drives, these can interfere with it.

Also try formatting it on another computer (but don't say the word format to any friends computer!!)

It's not really X, It was initially G, and I changed it to L just to try a different letter. I just said "X" as in a variable.....

I have also tried it on another computer with no luck....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back