Can't get back into Windows XP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyDevil13

Hi I accidently pulled plug on my pc while it was booting up now I cant get back into Windows. When it gets to the screen where it asks you to start normally or safe mode and last known good config, it wont let me move up or down and counts down and thengoes into a never ending windows xp startup screen. I have another pc to use to fix this one, should I reformat HD and reinstall windows and if so please explain how.

Thank You Kindly
Craig

pc amd fx53
2 gig corsair low latency
160 gb WD hd
abit fatality an8 sli
2 gforce 7800gt
maddog 600w
xp pro

You could just use you xp install disk to fix the problem by going into recovery console and running scandisk, that may fix the problem.

The problem is when It asks me to press any key to boot from cd my keyboard is usless and I tried 3 keyboards, how do i boot from cd without keyboard and the keyboard works fine in bios and i tried setting all boot device to cd in bios but still no luck!

Hello,

I have a very similar problem. The PC closed down as normal and when rebooting - it gets to the welcome screen with the account logins but neither the keyboard or the mouse work. So I cannot logon or do anything.
However the machine appears fine - it will shutdown ok if I press the power off button, I can see the machine shares on the lan and connect to them.
I have tried remote desktop and remote assist and telnet and NET and all the other things to try and connect but without success.
I have selected 'reset configuration data' in the BIOS
I have logged on with the original CD, gone to recovery console and tried
copy c:windows\repair\system c:\windows\system32\config and it reset my screen resolution to default but still no mouse or keyboard access.
I know there is nothing physically wrong with either the peripherals or the computer as I can dual boot into Linux and everything works perfectly....
How do I get my access back.....?!
I am hoping a re-install is not my only option as it is a complete hassle.

Also, I have tried F8 on boot and get the options menu up. Even trying to boot into safe mode DOS prompt only get me the usual startup screen and no mouse or keyboard working...........

Great! ps2 keyboard works, but so far after 4 min after putting XP pro disk in drive, I am trying to do a system recovery and I have a blue screen and it says "setup is starting Windows" after loading a few things and seems to be taking a long time about 7 min now and counting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back