Can't install NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200 drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidcarlson

New here. I have a Toshiba Satellite P25-S526 which has an NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200. My screen goes blank right after Windows logs on (Windows XP Home SP2). I go into safe mode and remove the drivers, and can then log into Windows normally. I have tried the newest drivers available from both Nvidia and Toshiba's website, but both end with the same result. Another thing I should mention is that right after the BIOS load up and before the Windows loading up screen the screen shows in DOS looking format completely filled with 0's (zero's). Is there anything I can do? Thanks a lot.

Same Problem...

Has anyone found the answer to this problem. I have the same symptoms as mentioned. Tried nearly all versions of NVIDIA drivers with no luck. Everything works great when using the standard VGA drivers except lower resolution. I am assuming this to be a hardware problem with the video board. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Same problem but worst

For me, when I play games that are high in graphics, the whole computer slows down and becomes unstable. It wasn'ts like this before. I refromated and had to download the driver off of dell's website. I think it is a problem with the new driver. IF anyone knows where to get a back dated driver for the NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200 it may fix some of the problems for us. Thanks.

NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200 Specs

untitled.jpg

Here you go.

And actually, I think its a problem with the new driver.

Fix!

I believe I have found the fix for this problem. You see, MS are *****s ^.^ You are required to downloaded ALL of the latestest updateds (up to SP2) in order for the Nvidia card to work correctly. Once you update from the site, you will be good. You must also install all of the updates.

You need to install the drivers from the toshiba web site, the ones for regular NVidia's won't work. I tried it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back