Can't install video card drivers!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever i try to install my video card drivers from www.nvidia.com , and yes i disable antivirus, when i restart my comp after the install, when the windows boot up screen, my screen just goes black. And i just did a system restore to April 5th 2 days ago becasue my comp was messed up and now i get some NvQTwk error message after i logon. Any help would be much appreciated.

Ah, the notorious "some" error message. These are nasty..

It would be nice if you made sure the error message isn't something more detailed than the "some". What Windows? What computer? What video card?

NvQTwk is the nVidia tray application. Just ignore it and even better, disable it in msconfig.

I run windows xp home, i have a nvidia ge-force mx440 64mb pci card. I downloaded the drivers off the site being that new drivers optimize performance. When i installed the drivers, and i restarted my computer, after where the little green bars go like a loading bar and it says windows above, after that, nothing happens, my screen just goes blank.
My computer is a HP
384 ram
64 mb pci nvidia video card
intel chipset motherboard
40 gig hd
intel celeron 1.2

Can you still boot into safe mode ? If yes, try uninstalling all previous nVidia drivers on your machine & do a search in %SystemRoot% with the arguments nv*.* & send the files you find in the recycle bin ( in case the results aren't only leftover files from nVidia drivers ).

Then reinstall the new drivers & do a normal boot.

IF, you can boot up in safe mode, you might try to use Driver Cleaner to clean out those files. Just be sure to look at the "read me", and follow instuctions. Be sure to select nVidia.

Afterwords, you also might try installing an earlier driver and see if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back