Cant make it work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fizics

i just finished putting it all together and low and behold it didnt work the mobo has power the hardrive is spinning but i get nothing no beep no post. nothing. i couldnt find anything about clearing the cmos in the manual or anything about jumpers (there could be but i didnt see it) if anyone has any ideas it would be really apreciated

asus p5nd2-sli
intel pentium d 805
1 GB pny ram
80 GB WD SATA

this is my first build so im sure i missed something stupid

Start with resetting your bios and see if you can boot up. See page 2-22 of your manual on how to do this with the board's jumpers.

If this doesn't fix you up, confirm the following:

-Do you have the 12v power connection seated? Your motherboard needs two connections, the 24 pin and the 12v connector.
-Did you use riser pins between your motherboard and the case?
-What is your graphics card? Does it require its own power connection? Most newer cards do. If so, did you connect it?
-What speed is your ram? Take it out and re-seat it.
-What make/model is your PSU? How many watts is it rated at and how many amps does it have on the +12v rail? You can find this info on the sticker attached to the PSU side.

Let us know these first. Good luck!

i think the 12v connecter is the problem....but i have no clue where it is on the mobo

nvm i got the 12v connector figured out let me see how it works

O Yeah Im In Buisness Thanks So Much For The Help

but now i have no clue how to get windows running

ok i got into windows setup now the problem im having is that it wants me to insert the windows xp cd .... well its already in, do i need my previous windows cd (98) and then install xp from that ? or what

Go into your bios and check the boot device priority. You want to have the the CD drive listed BEFORE the Hard drive.

thanks so much and i finaly got it going and then of all the things to go wrong my psu is turning on and off and making a clicking noise .... dont know what to do probably going to send it back

You sure it is your PSU that is acting up?

It may be that your system is overheating and automatically shutting off. Did you apply thermal paste/thermal pad to the CPU?

i didnt apply the thermal past ...even though i spent 10 bucks on the stuff (worth its weight in gold id say) because the heat sink had a thermal pad my temps acording to the software provided with the mobo are between 27* and 35* i havnt had a chance to test it under full load yet

Doesn't sound like you are overheating then. Are you still having the problem? I noticed in your other thread you mentioned you are able to install steam (I re-opened that thread by the way, as this sounds like it may be a separate problem).

We need more details on this
my psu is turning on and off and making a clicking noise

Is this still happening?

no im an ***** i took all the plugs out of the psu and forgot to plug the 24pin back in evrey things running great except for this whole steam thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back