Can't make Nvidia drivers install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eedarf

That's about the gist of it. I'm running a GeForce 7900 on a A8N32-SLI with WinPro x64 Ed.

I downloaded the supposedly proper driver:

81.98_forceware_winxp64_english_whql

But when I try to run it, it closes short of installation stating that no drivers were available for my hardware.

Someone please help... I just put this together, it's my first computer and it's the only problem! Oblivion's Right there...! :dead:

That gives you a list of graphic cards & as you can (or can't) see, it doesn't support yours.

If you want to use your 7900gt & insist on using Windows XP x64, you'll need beta drivers (use at your own risk).

I've been through a few drivers, and none of them wants to work. What kind of potential negative results are there from beta drivers? Which driver do you suppose I should use?

I sincerely appreciate your time, it's just this whole thing is frusterating.

Have you tried the ones I linked ?

ps. wouldn't it be easier to use a normal version of Windows XP ?

I thought x64 would be the same, only "more powerful" like it advertises. Suprise! I'm kinda let down by the whole lack of support it boasts. I do believe it would be easier, if I could somehow install Pro off of a x64 cd. If you know that secret, I'd appreciate it. :D

And I did try them. I just didn't see it at first. Thanks again. I'm starting to understand why there aren't official drivers and how Betas actually work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back