Cant open control panel, or edit registry, or change properties on desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Run the programme and click the "Perform in-depth search." Allow AVG to complete the scan. The AVG scanner will give the "Rootkit path" Do not fix anything yet. Let me know what is found in your reply and I`ll instruct you on how to proceed.
as instructed here is what was found waiting for your instructions
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\Kuk52.sys
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\symavc32.sys

Run combofix as per the instructions in step 12. Post all the logs that you can that are asked for in the instructions and we can see what needs to be done.

This thread is for the use of br549redneck only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

here are the requested logs everything seems to work fine I am also getting a pop up window asking me to send this suspiciuos file to ESET
\??\C:QooBox\Quaratine\C\Windows\system32\drivers\symavc32.sys.vir

I found some nasties in your HJT log, please delete the following:

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - _{00A6FAF6-072E-44cf-8957-5838F569A31D} - (no file)

O4 - Startup: PowerReg Scheduler.exe

O16 - DPF: {B64F4A7C-97C9-11DA-8BDE-F66BAD1E3F3A} - download.cdn.winsoftware/files/installers/cab/WinAntiVirusPro2006Free Install.cab

Rik will help you with the rest, because I don't really know how to work with ComboFix ;)

I need you to run AVG antirootkit and let me know what it comes up with.

This thread is for the use of br549redneck only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back