Can't open outlook express.

Status
Not open for further replies.

allysey

Hi I'm a newbie here and I suddenly have probs with Outlook Express 5 I think it is. A message says that another application of it is running...??? Nothing that I can see. Mailwasher is full of messages waiting to download. Any ideas to help?? Thanks

This is one possibility,from HERE

"Sometimes, Outlook Express appears to be closed, when it is actually running in the background. :
Open the Windows Task Manager by pressing the keys CTRL+ALT+DEL
In the task manager, go to the tab called 'Processes'
Select the process called 'MSIMN.EXE' and press the 'End process' button."

Hi I'm a newbie here and I suddenly have probs

Thanks Peddant for your prompt reply.. I've already read that info on here somewhere and tried it over and over. Still Outlook E doesn't open up. It's just a dead dodo. I"m thinking of uninstalling it and starting over what do you think? I'm thinking also maybe I've been hacked??? Maybe.

Can't open Outlook Express...

Hi, On going through all the components of OE (version 6 by the way) I found that there was a missing part. It said OEMIG 50. exe file is missing export ADVAP32.dll Reg Overide PredelKey. A device attached to the system is not functioning. I don't understand this of course and don't know how to fix it. Thanks for any help.

Back again.. I have just spent all day trying to fix Outlook Express and decided to re-install w98se and also delete existing outlook Express.. IT didn't do anything to help that at all. Still sits there unopened. And to top it off it's an earlier version.. I had OE6 on before now it's OE5 . I might have to finish off the bottle of brandy in the cupboard now to stop myself from crying into my dinner.. Help please anyone?? I have to go and cook dinner now.

I`m sorry your having so much grief over this problem.

The fact that you have reinstalled the OS,has ruled out all my other ideas.

You can share your pain HERE That person discovered it was caused by either his Anti-virus or by a virus(not sure which).
More HERE

One other random thought,try opening OE in safe mode.

You could always download another email client like Thunderbird,or Eudora.
To keep you going `til the OE issue is sorted.

If you used Firefox or Opera,you could say goodbye to IE/OE entirely.

re: Can't Open Outlook Express

Thanks Peddant. I've tried just about everything and at the moment I'm surviving by reading my emails online at my ISP website and also sending from there as well. Its a bit more time consuming but preferable to downloading another mail client. I'd rather get this fixed. Someone else had the same prob I read.. the missing AVAIP32.dll I think that's how it's spelt. And this is what my computer said too I was told to go onto the web and find one. Also another really weird thing happened last night. .I left the computer on for 15 minutes and when I came back the screen was black as if it was out of memory and had shut down. And in the middle was a yellow square with
ATTENTION.. Out the Range (not out OF range)
H: 3.0KHz V:174.5Hz

I've never seen anything like that before.. what caused that? Anyone know?
Thanks to anyone who can enlighten me and tell me what to do if I can find this missing file dll.

RE:Can't open outlook express

Thank you so much Peddant.. THe problem is SOLVED!!! I did what you said and went to that info and clicked on windows components in add/remove program and unclicked outlook express.. Rebooted.. Went back on and click outlook back on and then clicked on it also praying at the same time. I was staring into space thinking of something else when I noticed it was open and I could see all the messages that were left there. OK so then I went online and downloaded about 114 messages.. Thanks to you and the power of prayer eh? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back