Can't open task manager???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an hp pavillion dv6000 with an AMD Truion 64X2 TL-58 processor, and my laptop just developed a problem. I think I've picked up a virus somewhere. It just started a few days ago but I can't seem to get to the task manager. CTRL + SHIFT + ESC doesn't work. When I right-click on the task bar, task manager is dim and I can't open it. And when I hit CTRL + ALT + DEL, the screen pops up with switch user, and log off etc. but the task manager isn't there. I forgot to mention that I have vista home premium. I did full system scans with ad-aware, norton, and I used ccleaner, but none of that turned anything up. I restarted after all of that and there was no difference.

What else should I do?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Momok. I kept searching other threads after I posted this one and I was able to fix the problem. I did have some viruses. I believe I got rid of them but would you mind reviewing my hjt log for anything else that I may have missed?

I have also attached the log from smitfraudfix.

Thanks

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    9.1 KB · Views: 7
That log looks fine to me. I wouldn't guarantee that your system is clean till I see a ComboFix log though. Are you facing any problems?

Regards,
momok =)

Hi,

Navigate manually in Windows Explorer to this file and delete it.
C:\Windows\iun6002.exe

Your system looks fine to me. I'm not quite sure what could be the cause of your internet disrupts though.

Regards,
momok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back