Can't run on battery or mains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I don't know anything about laptops but I've had mine for about 2 and a bit years. Its an Acer 5000 series. For the last week I've noticed when using it on charge I kept getting a pop up alerting me of low and critical batterys etc. but once I X'd off of the messages I was back on charge, so just ignored it, but now I'm at the point where it won't recognising charging at all, and the battery is completely flat.

I've tried using my mums laptop charger, thinking maybe my chargers scrappable (we both have Acer's) but it won't recognise charging from hers either.

My logic is, and correct me if i'm wrong, but if I cant run off the mains, its got nothing to do with my battery, its a laptop problem. Because I was just going to buy another battery, but I'm thinking thats not its problem?

If anyone could let me know what they think might be wrong, would be muchly appreciated!

It's the battery, almost definitely.

Laptop batteries have a limited lifespan and it looks like yours has gotten to the end of it.

Borrow your mums battery and see if that will charge in your laptop, if it does, you have your answer.

rik said:
It's the battery, almost definitely.

Laptop batteries have a limited lifespan and it looks like yours has gotten to the end of it.

Borrow your mums battery and see if that will charge in your laptop, if it does, you have your answer.

I called up the ACER help centre and they said its the mother board, because i took the battery out and plugged it to run it straight off the mains and it still wouldn't run?

They quoted me about £250 to fix it.

Does the laptop work from mains with the battery removed, and does your mums do the same or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back