Can't search from address bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help, I'm running Windows XP sp2 with IE 6 and I can't search from the address bar.

I have norton's internet security 2005, norton's anti virus 2005, spybot search and destroy, spywareblaster and microsoft's anti-spyware beta 1, all have the lastest definitions and updates.

I have tried to do the fixes I found in past posts on the subject, but still get the ///?%20cats.

Although I'm new to this forum, I am not a newbie with computers nor am I a tech head. I know enough to be dangerous to my system, but obviously not enough to fix this problem.

thanks for any help you can offer

still can't search from address bar

Thank you realblackstuff, but I tried all of them.

I did everything I saw previously posted on this subject before I asked for help.

I had the guy that built my system over and had him go through it, in case I missed something. He went through all of the steps from each post and had no luck.

Any other thoughts from anyone?

Thanks again

In Internet Options -> Programs tab, try hitting the "Reset Web Settings" button. That will reset the IE search which might help perhaps? & of course double check the Advanced tab that you haven't disabled the search from address bar or anything (I know I have)

Thanks TS | Thomas, but that didn't work either. I guess I wasn't meant to search from the address bar. Thanks for everyones help :(

Try this.....
Click the "Search" button above the address bar.
Then click the "Customize" button in that new view that showed up.
Then click "Autosearch Settings" button
then you should be able to figure out the next step....
untitled2zt.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back