Can't seem to 'fix' my problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having very similar problem to Novus

What Novus describes in his first message is almost exactly what is going on with my computer. I don't know exactly how it all started because my husband was online at that point. I think when he got the first fake warning of a virus he didn't stop to think that it might be a "set-up" and started downloading programs. Now I've got a mess and I'm no computer expert... but more knowlegable than my husband. We have hi-speed internet thru Adelphia and use their Freedom security system. This is the first problem we've ever had. I ran Trend Micro Housecall to check for problems that Freedom wasn't picking up. The report said that there were 4 programs detected that it could not disinfect:
Troj_Puper.bl; Troj_ZLOB.TF; Troj_FAKEVIR.G; ADW_SE.131278
I've tried various means to find them and delete them but with no luck. I'm at my wit's end and would appreciate any help you can give me.
I have to warn you though---I'm not necessarily going to understand abbreviations, etc. for technical jargon.
A computer tech who helped us with a hardware problem awhile back used this site to figure out what was going on and I kept it bookmarked since then just in case.
Whatever extra info you need I'll do my best to provide.
Thank you in advance for any assistance you can give.
Judi

Please read the posts that I linked and you'll know what to do.

HJT is an abbreviation for HijackThis.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back