Can't select text on pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaaLaa

I've just noticed this problem last night and haven't been able to find anything about this on the net so I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem.

The past few days, I've had some major problems with svchost.exe as many others and gone through a lot of steps in trying to resolve it. In the end, the only fix was to disable Microsoft updates and it seems to be working for now.

Now though, I can't left click and drag over text to select, in any programs on my pc. I can't help but think it had something to do with the things I did to resolve the svchost.exe issue.

Here is my thread about the svchost.exe and the logs: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic78700.html

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Nodsu for the quick reply. I really appreciate it.

Since I've disabled Microsoft updates and instead use Windows updates, the problem seems to have corrected so I guess I will reinstall the AU if something comes up. Or do you recommend doing this now?

How do you select a word or a sentence just by using the keyboard?? I can right-click and select all, and then copy and paste; as well as click on something using the left-click. My problem is that I can't left-click, drag, and select text on any browser or any program (Word, Notepad, etc).

Say for instance I wanted to copy and paste your response in the above post. When I left click and try to drag over the sentence or word, it simply won't let me; it doesn't highlight anything and even if I try to use the right-click copy, the option is unavailable since no text has been highlighted.

Thanks in advance.

I followed the link and for my pc, there isn't a clicklock feature box under the mouse properties. I'm on a laptop using the touchpad. Do you have any other ideas?? Thanks

Do you have the touchpad drivers installed? You may find the proper settings in the additional touchpad-specific tab in mouse properties.

I tried uninstalling the driver then reinstalling it and the problem seems to have gotten better, although not 100%. If I try to drag over a word or sentence, it doens't the first few tries and the pointer keeps stalling but after a couple of tries, it does work. I'm not sure why this is happening since even after the unistall, reinstall, it's not back to the way it was. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back