Can't send pictures with windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Witchy

When selecting pictures, windows lets you send them in an email and you can select to resize them or send them as they are.
I can select them, then when I want to send them, my email client should pop up but nothing happens and I cannot send the pictures.

I know I have had this some months back (other computer) and I know there is a solution, I just can't find it. Can someone please help?

Have you tried with your email client running? Have you check your client's 'Draft' folder to see if it has them saved in there?

Selecting from where?

Witchy, are you selecting/sending (attempting) from windows picture viewer? It may be easier to open your email client and attach or insert your pictures there. That, to my mind, involves fewer windows "proccesses".

I've attached a link to Mozilla Thunderbird, an excellent email client with junk mail filters built in. Also has a "scam" filter to alert you to an email it thinks may be a scam. Best of all it is free.

Has the look and feel of outlook express - only better.

www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/

monton

I had my emailclient running when I tried it but that should make no difference. When selecting the pictures from the windows viewer, they will be resized and your emailclient opened and the pictures automatically attached to an email.
I found a solution on this webpage

http://www.steve.maurer.net/tutorials/XP_tutorials/lost_resizing.htm

and now I remembered I had used it before. But both solutions didn't work this time.
I know Mozilla, I have used it before, but went back to Outlook Express because that shows the Norton Spam buttons (I use Norton Internet Security) and these buttons don't work with Thunderbird. What do you mean by scam filter, Monton? Is that something different than a spam filter?

I followed your Thunderbird link and saw there is a new version of Thunderbird. I'm downloading it now, will see what is new.

Scam vs Spam & stuff

My view is that spam, adware, phishing/scams all fall under the rubric of scumware. Emails from sources not in your whitelist may be flagged with a note from Thunderbird that it thinks the email is a scam, trying to trick you into clicking a link etc.
You then flag it as a scam if you agree it is or as not a scam if you believe it is legit.
I send all spam etc to the trash folder and then check that before deleting. After a short period of training Thunderbird becomes, in my opinion, very accurate at identifying "Junk" mail. I haven't gotten a single good email sent to Trash in many months.

Hope that helps
monton

If I use the right mouse button and click send to email recipient, the same occurs. It does not open an email message and I cannot send the picture or file.

first things first

...or back up a bit.
A little information about your computer and operating system might be helpful. What email client is your default? Any firewalls installed? anti virus programs? etc.
I tried what you are attempting on my computer, XP Pro OS and Thunderbird 1.0.7 email client and it worked fine.

Some software setting....

Monton

It worked on my computer too, but suddenly it stopped functioning. I have a AMD Athlon 64 4000+, 1 GB RAM, Asus A8N-SLI de luxe motherboard, Geforce 7800 GTX, windows xp with sp2, Norton Internet Security, windows firewall disabled. My default emailclient is Outlook Express but I have now Thunderbird 1.5 installed as well. Browser is Firefox 1.5.
Could it have been caused by installing this Microsoft patch for the WMF vulnerability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back