Cant set agp to anything other than 0X on Radeon x1600 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kill Factor X

I have a problem with not being able to set my AGP speed above 0, it doesn't matter what I have set in the bios either. I try to select a higher setting, SMARTGART restarts to retest, and it sets it back to 0.

I'm using the original drivers off the cd, if i try to use the newer catalyst drivers, it causes problems with the 3d preview in the CCC, plus it has caused my computer to crash and restart with video settings locked at 4 bit, 640x480 resolution.

Direct X is ver 9C

If I install the newest chipset drivers, it allows me to set my agp to 8X, but certain icons wont display, video wont play, and 3d graphics wont display.

You need you AGP driver. Download it from your motherboard's manufacturer.

BTW, Welcome to Techspot!! :)

Tried installing the agp driver (v3.0) that came with the motherboard, same results that happend with the new one (v4.?).

It's fine for a few minutes, the 3d preview works, agp is set to 8x. then computer locks, resets itself, comes back locked at 640x480 resolution, 4 bit color, and it cant be changed. I Uninstalled the agp driver and I get my resolutions and color depth back, now CCC shows no SMARTGART option. But sisoft sandra still shows 0x for the agp. WTF is going on? Oh and thanks for the greets and help.

Figured it out, apparently the video drivers have to be installed last. I already had the video drivers installed and then installed the agp driver, the agp driver must have overwritten some files installed by the catalyst. So for those of you installing agp driver updates on via chipsets, uninstall your video drivers first, install the agp driver, then reinstall your video drivers.

Thanks for the help guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back