Can't set FireFox as default broswer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leadpill924

Hi, I downloaded FireFox because many people say it's faster, and I went into Tools>Main>Always check to see if FireFox is default broswer on startup
and I did that, and when I click a button to open up my Yahoo Mail on the messenger, its Internet Explorer. So can someone please tell me how else I can fix this? Thank you

That`s weird.

Make sure you install flash player and java from Firefox. then, make sure Firefox is set as your default browser and reboot your system.

See if that helps.

Regards Howard :)

open the start menu go to "set program access and defaults" and click on the down arrow on the far right of the screen under custom, and when U scroll down to choose default web browser, is Firefox available to make as default ?

if you open the internet explorer properties, (and go to the "programs" tab) is the space unticked next to the option of reminding you if internet explorer is the default browser ?

dont check "Always check to see if FireFox is the default web browser on startup".. just click Check Now and it should set it for you. thats what i do every time i format and download Firefox

MMDominator88 said:
open the start menu go to "set program access and defaults" and click on the down arrow on the far right of the screen under custom, and when U scroll down to choose default web browser, is Firefox available to make as default ?

if you open the internet explorer properties, (and go to the "programs" tab) is the space unticked next to the option of reminding you if internet explorer is the default browser ?

no i didnt see 'FireFox' in Set Porgam Access and Defaults.

Try running this small programme and see if it helps. Download the attached zip file and extract it, then double click on the defaultbrowser.exe and follow the instructions.

still wont work
P.S. How do you answer so quickly?

Edited by Moderator: Removed quote. There`s no need to quote the post directly above your own, unless you`re only replying to a specific section, in which case you would only quote that section. ;)

Damn, that`s a shame. Maybe uninstall Yahoo messenger, reboot your system and reinstall.

I only answer so quickly, if I`m online at the time lol.

MSN Messenger is affiliated with Microsoft and will always open IE rather than any other browser.

If it bugs you that much, I'm sure there is a regedit tweak to get around it.

To test if firefox is your default browser in general, type http://google.com.au in a RUN command.

mikescorpio81 said:
MSN Messenger is affiliated with Microsoft and will always open IE rather than any other browser.

If it bugs you that much, I'm sure there is a regedit tweak to get around it.

To test if firefox is your default browser in general, type http://google.com.au in a RUN command.
oooooh thanks a lot man i get it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back