Can't uninstall programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul quest

I've got a couple of programs that I cannot seem to uninstall from my pc.

I'm trying to get rid of a lexmark printer program as I have no need for it anymore.

The printer has been removed and is not connected.

I try to uninstall the program but a window keeps popping up telling me that I have to let it finish printing before I can continue.

The printer isn't connected. I cannot find anything stored anywhere waiting to be printed etc.

I'd really like to get rid of this before installing a new printer that actually works!

Also installed a game that came with the pc. Don't want it on there now but whenever I click uninstall it just starts installing it again.

It won't even let me get rid of it through my control panel.

I'm completly lost now........especially as I'm still struggling to get to grips with even turning my pc on!!!!!

For Lexmark:
Start> Administrative Services> Services> right click on LexBce Server> Set to Manual> Stop the Service.

Please note: is you disable this Service, it will disable the Print Spooler. If you try to install another printer, you will not be able to because this Service is stopped and you cannot turn it back on. (Been there/done that/learned the hard way)

As for the game,is it in the All Programs> Accessories> Entertainment> Games folder? Look and see- if so, open the Games Folder and do right click> delete on the game.

If you don't see it there, do a search for the name of the game, then right click> delete if you find it. Be sure the game didn't put itself on Startup. If it starts when you boot, it runs in the background and usually that prevents uninstall.

Start> Run> type in 'msconfig' without quotes> Enter> selective Start-up> Startup tab> find the game program and click to uncheck it> Apply> OK> Reboot.

A nag message will come up which you can check 'don't show this message again' and close on the X

You're welcome. Now you have met parts of your system you probably haven't been in before!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back