Can't upgrade drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

NV30

Hi,

With my current system (in profile) I cannot upgrade my drivers. I currently run the 41.09s. Trying to install any other driver gives me an error 'device cannot start' after uinstalling the old drivers, rebooting and installing the new ones and then rebooting. Any ideas? :( The 41.09s don't look to be that nice of a driver.

Thanks

The 41.09's are beta drivers. You can try using the detonator destroyer tool to remove all traces of these drivers prior to installing new ones.

Here's the link ...

Detonator Destroyer

Problem is is that I have WinXP Home, and I don't think that Det Destroyer works with it. :-/

I'd bet it works. Its just not "officially" supported. Now I can't personally vouch for XP Home, but it works on XP Pro. I've known several people to use it in Pro. I just dont' happen to personally know any Home users.

Would someone please confirm if the 41.09s are beta drivers? It's the "official" version on the Nvidia website (as in, if I click on the download drivers link for Win2k/XP, I get directed to the download page for 41.09.)

Sorry, my mistake (misleading info on another website), the 41.09's are 'official' nVidia drivers, but they are not WHQL certified.:blush:

We are talking about your video card drivers and not any other driver’s right? If so, you could try reinstalling the 41.09s to the same location, and then try upgrading. The problem with NVIDIA drivers is that they don't like getting upgraded or downgraded for that matter, they are meant to be uninstalled fully before installing a newer/older version. I don't understand why you would want to uninstall the 41.09s since they are the latest detonators from NVIDIA. If you have a firewall and/or antivirus, you should disable these as sometimes they will block out necessary files from being installed. Good luck :grinthumb .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back