Can't use Google search

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use either IE or Mozilla. But when i type something in the search box in the google website this is what it says:

We're sorry...
... but your query looks similar to automated requests from a computer virus or spyware application. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now.

We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon. In the meantime, if you suspect that your computer or network has been infected, you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover to make sure that your systems are free of viruses and other spurious software.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on Google.

I tried scanning for virus, adware, spyware, trojans but it showed that my computer is clean. I dont understand. This has been happening for quite some time. Can someone help me?( I used the following anti spyware and anti virus programs: avast, Trend micro, adaware, spybot, ewido security suite and spyware blaster)

Hi. I ran process explorer and checked all the running processes with google. All the processes looked safe. Then my friend told me that i was not the only one with this problem but quite a few people in the campus were facing the same problem. He told that this couldnt be the computer's problem but something to do with google as it affected many people. :mad:

Pinging google won't proove anything unfortunately.

There are a few possibly reasons for goolge presenting you with this, and only one of them is what google seems to accuse you of (malware/virus/worm infection)

As stated above, post a HJT log as a txt attachment, and then we'll have a better idea of which it might be.

That's not too bad.

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\XSFEDE.EXE - a bit suspect unless you know what it is, but not too much else.

Google is probably just being a pain in the backside. When you search for ceratin things, or submit cetrtain seraches a number of times in a certain period, Google will present you with that page as standard. I think it's quite offensive myself, but I guess it serves a purpose.

I'd say you were pretty good. Not perfect, but not really all that infected either by the looks of it.

download Hijackthis, install and scan in safe mode.. post teh .txt file as an attachment
one of the guys will check through it for you to see if it needs cleaning..

download process explorer (like task manager exept more detail) and check what processes are running and google those processes you dont know..

boot up with the minimum amounts of programs and tasks and see if it solves anything.. if it does, tehn enable/use programs one by one untill you find hte culprit

ping google and see what response you get frm it

Boot into safe mode. See how HERE.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Open you task manager, by pressing the ctrl/alt/delete keys together.

Click on the processes tab, and end process for(if there).

XSFEDE.EXE

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open, and have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O4 - Global Startup: Digital Line Detect.lnk = ?

O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.nus.edu.sg <Only fix this entry, if it doesn`t belong to either your ISP, or your computer manufacturer.

O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)

Now, click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate, and delete the following bold files(if there).

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\XSFEDE.EXE

Reboot into normal mode, and turn system restore back on.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back