Can't use headphone set through front sound ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

blvtzpk

Hi,

I installed a combined multi-card reader+USB port+sound port interface (Mitsumi VT6205) into my computer about a year ago. With a basic Win XP set up, I was able to use the front sound ports for Skype etc. Somewhere along the line (after software upgrades, perhaps?), the front sound ports stopped working, and nothing I seem to do will get them working again. I've disconnected and reconnected the unit to the motherboard (the sound card is on the motherboard), but that make no difference.

Any suggestions?

Here are the main specs:

3.20 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
16 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
Board: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. 8I915P-D Pro
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. F2 06/03/2004
137.43 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
18.43 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space
Mitsumi VT6205-DevA USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 1
Mitsumi VT6205-DevB USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 2
Mitsumi VT6205-DevD USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 3
Mitsumi VT6205-DevH USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 4
WDC WD1600JD-22HBB0 [Hard drive] (160.04 GB) -- drive 0, s/n WD-WCAL92321030, rev 08.02D08, SMART Status: Healthy 1024 Megabytes Installed Memory
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (build 2600)
COMPAQ DVD-ROM GD-2000 [CD-ROM drive]
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B [CD-ROM drive]
3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]
WDC WD1600JD-22HBB0 [Hard drive] (160.04 GB) -- drive 0, s/n WD-WCAL92321030, rev 08.02D08, SMART Status: Healthy
nVidia WDM A/V Crossbar
nVidia WDM TVAudio Crossbar
nVidia WDM TVTuner
nVidia WDM Video Capture (universal)
Realtek High Definition Audio
USB Audio Device
Controllers Display
Standard floppy disk controller
Intel(R) 82801FB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 2651
Primary IDE Channel [Controller]
Secondary IDE Channel [Controller] NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT [Display adapter]
Default Monitor
Bus Adapters Multimedia
Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM USB Universal Host Controller - 2658
Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM USB Universal Host Controller - 2659
Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM USB Universal Host Controller - 265A
Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM USB Universal Host Controller - 265B
Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 265C
NEC PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller (B1)
NEC PCI to USB Open Host Controller (2x)

did u reinstall the sound drivers and teh mitsumi interface?

does the the sound interface wire into both the soundcard and USB? or is it a digital based usb style sound card?

Thanks.

I played around with the sound drivers by rolling them back, but that didn't seem to have any effect either.

The interface wires into a USB socket on the motherboard and a sound socket on the motherboard. I detached both and reattached them, hoping that WinXP would recognise the interface from scratch, but not deal.

Check your actual soundcard volume settings. They sometimes have separate mic1/mic2, stereo/aux jack volume controls. I dont see why it would have changed magically but its always a possibility.

You maybe have to go into the windows "playback" volume control panel and actually add them to view their settings.

Also, if you used these ports frequently in the past. The headphone jacks tend to wear out after many plugging and unplugging s over time. It just means there may not be contact with the plug and the socket even though the plug is inserted.

Thanks, but I've played around with sound settings as well, both with the basic Windows controls and the add-on software that came/comes with the on-board sound card.

I've hardly used the jacks at all, and there's little chance of contact degradation.

I tried searching for drivers for this interface online last night - I'm in Japan, and bought the unit locally - doesn't seem to be anything out there.

The only step I coudl think its to reformat the HD and starts reinstalling Windows again, and see at what stage the interface stops working and work around that...

OR simply buy a new interface! All I really want to do is use it for Skype.

BTW, what I DIDN'T mention before is the the USB & card reader feature of the interface still works - there's not problem there at all, only the mike & headphone connections. Does that help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back